AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant3d 2012 cut piece list issues.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
chad70811
2125 Views, 9 Replies

Plant3d 2012 cut piece list issues.

I am having issues with the lengths calculated in the cut piece list not matching what I calculate using the given dimension minus the take-outs for fittings. Some lengths are off 1/16" and some as much as 9/16". Is there a settings for rounding up of cut length in the config files somewhere? Any one else experiencing this problem? This was brought to my attention by our pipefitters.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pkw167
in reply to: chad70811

It could be the GAP value in project setup.

Message 3 of 10
chad70811
in reply to: pkw167

Thanks but I have checked the GAP sttings already. It looks like the cut list is rounding all fractions up to the neasrest inch. Autodesk is there a setting in one of the config files I need to adjust? I can post my model and iso if that will help troubleshoot this issue.

Message 4 of 10
Rich.O.3d

are you using 'engagment length' on your joints/fittings they will affect the cut lengths, also when you edit parts in the catalogue, you will see some dims that set the location for the node to be away from the connection face.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 5 of 10
Vicky.Wu

Open Isoconfig.xml in project folder. e.g. Project\Isometric\Final_ANSI-C

Change Precision value to Precision5.

<Style Name="ImperialPipeLength" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="."/>

In this case, the total length of pipe in BOM will rounded as well since both pipe length in BOM and cut piece length use the same style.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 6 of 10
chad70811
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

Thanks Vicky that fixed my problem. But I have one more question, do you know how to change the dimension style to show feet and inches (ex: 1'-4 3/8") instead of inches only (ex. 16 3/8"). Sometimes the iso program dimensions in feet and inches and on other dimensions on the same drawing  it will dimension in inches only. I have attached a dwg as an example.

Thanks,

Chad

Message 7 of 10
Vicky.Wu

It should be a bug. But i couldn't see the issue from my side. Could you please post the PCF as well? isoconfig.xml is a plus.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 8 of 10
chad70811

I have attach the pcf and isconfig.xml per your request. 

Message 9 of 10
Vicky.Wu

Sorry for my mistake. There's a settings in isoconfig.xml to change the dimension style in project folder.e.g. Project\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B\IsoConfig.xml

The default value is 24" which means less than 2 feet will be shown as inches, e.g. 18". Change it to 12" then you could see 1' 6"

<Dimensions Enabled="true" OffsetDistance="0.6" StackingDistance="0.4" ShowHacheMarks="true" HacheMarkSymbol="GasketHacheMark" HacheMarkOffset="0.0625" ImperialDimensionInchCutoff="24">

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 10 of 10
chad70811

Thanks Vicki, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost