AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Report Creator File Corruption

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aaronkromm9890
574 Views, 3 Replies

Plant Report Creator File Corruption

Hi all,

Looking for some help with file corruptions with Plant Report Creator.  I am trying to create schedules using report creator and I have been experiencing random file corruptions after creating the report.  I have had this problem in Plant 3D 2012 and now with 2013.  It is making it tough to continue using this tool if I have no idea why or when a file will get corrupted.  At this point the only option I have is to recreate the schedule from scratch which becomes rather time consuming and considering the number of schedules I need to make I'm worried I'll be endlessly remaking schedules.

If anyone has experienced this and has a solution I would be greatly appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I thought it may be benificial to provide the error details provided by the program for those who might know what it all means.

Type: Autodesk.ProcessPower.ReportCreator.ReportCreatorException
Stack trace:
   at Autodesk.ProcessPower.ReportCreator.ReportConfiguration.FromXmlFile(String fullFileName)
   at Autodesk.ProcessPower.ReportCreator.MainForm.OnRepConfigComboBox_SelectionChangeCommitted(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Inner exception:
Type: System.InvalidOperationException
Stack trace:
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
   at Autodesk.ProcessPower.ReportCreator.ReportConfiguration.FromXmlFile(String fullFileName)

Inner exception:
Type: System.Xml.XmlException
Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 17, position 23.
Stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadEndElement()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderReportConfiguration.Read6_ReportConfiguration(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderReportConfiguration.Read7_ReportConfiguration()

Message 3 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: aaronkromm9890

Can you post one?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 4
aaronkromm9890
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Here is one of the offending files although I'm not sure it will be useful to you without the project files.  There are a number of custom properties that are not available out of the box.  However it is attached anyways. I'm not sure if it is the custom properties that are causing issues but I did have a schedule I had to recreate that had no custom properties but it is still working for now. 

If I can't get a resolution to this I'll likely just use exports from the Data Manager to Excel.  So if no answer can be found it isn't the end of the world.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost