AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D valve sizes and tutorial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
markcc13
2291 Views, 1 Reply

Plant 3D valve sizes and tutorial

Hello,

Over the past month I have been learning AutoCAD P&ID at work and in my opinion I have gotten a good understanding of it.  During the past week I have begun looking at Plant 3D and its functionality.  This gave me two questions.

My question is if I can size valves (more specifically hand operated ball valves) smaller than 1 1/2"?  Some of the systems I work on can be relatively small and only require 1/4" ball valves.  I have been tinkering with Plant 3D and I can't seem to find any way to size my valves smaller than 1 1/2."  I'm sure there is a solution to this and I can't just find it.

My other question is if a tutorial exists for Plant 3D?  I know plant 3D is a relatively new product but there are tons of books at Barnes and Noble for AutoCAD and something like that would be wonderful for Plant 3D.  I've looked on Amazon and I can't seem to find anything that appears to do a good job.  Since a tutorial appears to be non-existent how did the experienced users get started with this software?

Any and all advice is appreciated and I look forward to hearing your feedback,

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RSFAdsk
in reply to: markcc13

Hello Mark,

The Getting Started videos and the procedures in product help are provided with the product. 

For tutorials and training, your AutoCAD Plant 3D reseller should be able to provide courseware (for example dealers listed here). 

Regarding the valve dimensions, some sizes may checked [x] Remove From Spec and you can clear that in the spec editor.  But if the ones you need are not there, you can use the catalog editor to add sizes and set your own dimensions.  I recommend watching Specs and Catalogs Editor (Part 2).

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost