AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D to Revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwheatley
953 Views, 5 Replies

Plant 3D to Revit

Has anyone created a Plant 3D drawing with piping and equipment then linked that file into Revit.  If so, I am curious to know how it worked out and if you came across any issues with views and Plant 3D objects.  In order for everything to show properply in Revit, I have to exporttocad my Plant 3D drawing then link that file in.  I realize this may be more a Revit question and I have asked the same question in that group but no luck.  Thank you for any input you might be able to give regarding this matter.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jtegtmeyer
in reply to: jwheatley

Its the same for Plant 3D to Revit.  We export to AutoCAD all files that Revit needs and then they link them into their Revit model.

Message 3 of 6
jwheatley
in reply to: jtegtmeyer

Have you had any issues once in Revit that objects that should be cut at section limits are not cut?  I have pipe runs that once I cut my section in Revit it still displays the entire run of pipe.

Thanks for the response.

Message 4 of 6
dennis

Regarding the sections:  If you make the entire P3D drawing a family and then insert, then it will cut.  Rather than do that, you could use the section box option on a 3D view which will cut the inserted dwg.

Message 5 of 6
jtegtmeyer
in reply to: dennis

The issue that we have with the families is that you have to re-create them everytime you update your Plant3D models.  This is why we link them into as dumb Autocad files.  We do not have any issues cutting sections.  The only problem we have is dealing with the updated files....

Message 6 of 6
Archimedes314

Hopefully AutoDesk will fix this, but in the meantime:  Go to the Massing and Site tab, select in-place-mass, once in the editor go to the insert link tab, link the AutoCAD 3D file, close the mass.  I don't know why, but linking the 3D file inside a mass will allow the cut planes to work, and nothing else has to be in that mass. 

SURELY, Autodesk will fix this by adding some other "Link 3D AutoCAD" or "Link Plant 3D file"  to a future version..... Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost