AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D Startup Settings. How to startup without opening a new drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fabianbn
1640 Views, 4 Replies

Plant 3D Startup Settings. How to startup without opening a new drawing?

Hi,

I am new to Plant 3D but I've been using AutoCAD for a while now. I configured AutoCAD to startup and not to create a new drawing with any template (with the command STARTUP > option 2, in the command line). That speeds up the startup of the program and is way more confortable.

I tried to do the same with Plant 3D and it kind o' works... It starts up, but I get an error message "Unhandled Exception ... ... (Access Violation) ... ..." (see attached).

Can someone explain why is this happening and what can I do to make it right?

Also, in another question. How can I configure my system to open .dwg files with normal AutoCAD instead of Plant 3D when I double-click on them in windows explorer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums. I can able to reproduce the fatal error.

The issue that you describe has been reported to Autodesk Development team and is being investigated.I will keep you posted on the progress.

As for as your second question on opening the files always in AutoCAD, please check the below article.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2009/06/opening-of-2010-drawings-default-to-autoca...

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 5
fabianbn
in reply to: fabianbn

Hi,

I just found another problem with this STARTUP > 2 setting, it messes up with the ribbon. Some buttons disapear.

There is a thread concearning this problem:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Pipe-Size-Spec-Disappeared/m-p/3691546/highlight/true...

maybe the people in Autodesk could check that out also.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

I couldn't able to reproduce this problem both on Plant 2013 & 2014. Can you please let me know your current version and are you changing the startup variable in the command line or through any lsp file.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I'm working in ACAD P3D 2013. I don't really know which service pack I currently have. And I change the variable directly in the command line, I don't know how to do it via lsp file (I'm not that good, hehe).

Did you checked the problems with the Tab (the link I posted back there)? Did you got that failure?

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost