AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3d - Pipe Stress Analysis

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
14697 Views, 30 Replies

Plant 3d - Pipe Stress Analysis

Has anyone had any experience using the PCF output from Plant3D into Casar II, AutoPipe or any other similar program?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
th.lim
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Hi Arun,

Was the interface between Plant3D and ROHR2 made with an "Optional" module?

Message 22 of 31
th.lim
in reply to: Venkatesan.A

Venkatesan,

It has been 2 years since you last responded in this thread. Do you have any updates for us? It is strange that Autodesk is slow to offer a complete solution for Plant design. You can't have one without the other. Could this be the reason why this sector of the market is gravitated to Intergraph and Bentley? Ironically, both operate within the AutoCAD environment. This is a real disappointment for companies that have invested in Autodesk PDS but is left wanting of a supporting product.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The biggest problem we encountered was with stub in branches. the end coordinates of the branch are on the "shell" of the pipe. Due to this there is no node on the header in caesarII or autopipe and the branch starts half the diameter from the header.

Message 24 of 31
th.lim

Hi Pollet, are you able to move the node in ceasarII or autopipe?

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: th.lim

No because there is no node. What actually happens is that the end of the branch that would normally be connected to the header is not connected to the centerline of that header but to the shell of the pipe. This is pretty obvious but due to this fact the end coordinate of that branch is does not match any point of the centerline of the header and Caeser and Autopipe do not recognize this as connected.

We have a work around that we use:

- put all our pipeworks in a single linenr to get all piping in one *.pcf

- on the location of a stub in branch we add a weld to the pipe (right mouse click on pipe, "add weld to pipe", ...) which creates a node on the good location in caesar or autopipe and makes it easier to correct the problem in these programs.

An easy link between P3D/stress calculation software is still something we are eagerly awaiting 😉

Message 26 of 31
th.lim

Hi Pollet,

So what you are actually doing is to close that disconnect with a short piece? That would get C2 or AP to accept the line but whether that is acceptable to the customer is another question.

Indeed, an easy link between P3D/stress calculation software is still eagerly awaited. I don't know if ROHR2 is the best solution for P3D at the moment.

Message 27 of 31
sbradley5GD7Z

Are we still waiting for this at the end of 2020 - 9+ years after this post?

We have been using a PCF converter from CaePipe for several years now and it is cumbersome to go back and forth between P3D and CaePipe.  When will AutoCAD P3D have native pipe stress analysis?  This is not optional, it is a must!!

Thanks,

Stephan

Message 28 of 31

May 2021 and the exported PCF file from Plant 3D into Caesar II is still garbage and requires nearly a complete redraw.

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 29 of 31
jabowabo

I've developed a tool to translate PCFs from Plant 3D to Caesar and SpoolGen. I could use some more samples for further testing. If you have a few that you'd like done, PM me.

Message 30 of 31
George.Endrulat
in reply to: jabowabo

Any more details on the tool? cost?

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 31 of 31
jabowabo
in reply to: George.Endrulat

@George.Endrulat 
Sorry, I don't publish apps at this time. I sent you a pm with more explanation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost