AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 11 of 14 (2,003 Views)

Re: Plant 3d - Pipe Stress Analysis

01-30-2013 10:15 PM in reply to: patrickauffret3015

It is good news for all Autocad Plant3d users. Please see the attached images, a complex model PCF was taken and brought to Rohr-2 model, it converts and accepted that complete model.

Rohr2 software has got better compatability with Autocad Plant3d PCF.

Contributor
jhamilton
Message 12 of 14 (1,698 Views)

05-15-2013 12:49 PM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Caesar II works really well.  I have been working with Bentley and they have just fixed their PCF translator and it works fine now.  There will likely be mapping issues with either product in regards to materials, but that is a very easy fix once it gets to Caesar II or Autopipe.  For getting the routing over to analysis, either product would decently now.  I personally like Caesar II better because you can import multiple pcf's into an analysis model at one time.  Autopipe does one at a time, but both come in well on coordinates.

swisher38
Message 13 of 14 (705 Views)

06-16-2014 06:42 AM in reply to: jhamilton

I still have a lot of issues when importing my Plant 3D model into AutoPIPE. Especially for T's and olets, it defaults these to an anchor point. Has anybody else had these issues and if so were you able to fix these? I just recently found out about the mapping of the .pcfs and am currently not an expert on that matter. Thanks for any help.

gaurangbinisha
Message 14 of 14 (651 Views)

about isometric setting.

06-22-2014 01:42 AM in reply to: patrickauffret3015

Someone say me how to get metric dimension in isometric drawings as i made full pipe line but now isometric show dimensions in fps system. Please give some suggestion as soson as possible i have to submit drawing in 2 days

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.