AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLANT 3D ORTHO views disappear

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dry
Explorer
7184 Views, 10 Replies

PLANT 3D ORTHO views disappear

Hello,

I've encountered a serious issue regarding ORTHO drawings. Some time ago I created ortho drawings and after that I tried to update those drawings and I found that many views just disappeared. When I try to update any view or do anything related to PLANT 3D ORTHO commands there is an information that selected viewport is not a ortho viewport. (see attachment). Did anyone meet such issue?

I use autocad PLANT 3D 2014 with extension. The project we are working on was started on 2013 version then migrated to 2014.

Regards

Dominik Ryś

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jorgen1990
in reply to: dry

Hi!

I have had the same issue, but I don't remember exactly what was the cause...

1) Very possible that some information, in that case the "connection" between 3D model and ortho view, is lost during migration process.

2) Any chance that you have "manually" modified to ortho view: rotated, exploded the block in Model space or something like that? That also destroys the "connection".

3) Maybe you have changed the name of the ortho dwg file or moved it to another location?

...anyway what I do remember is that I had to create new ortho views, I did not manage to bring the existing ortho dwg to life...

Jörgen

Message 3 of 11
dry
Explorer
in reply to: Jorgen1990

Thanks Jörgen,

As far as I know the only 2 thinks I made is:

- deleting polyline which is created together with viewport

- changing the layer of a viewport from 0 to AM_VIEWS (in order to hide visibility of the viewport during printing)

Maybe this is the reason why viewports are missing but I didn't make any modification in model space.

Regards

Dominik

Message 4 of 11
Dan.Scales

Hi, The two things that you mention changing (layer and deleting the polyline) to the view should not break the connection. Unfortunately once the Ortho view has lost connection with the model the only option is to re-create the view. Thanks, Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 11
EricNyh

Could this be the issue where the Ortho directories got messed up with the migration?

The folders in the Orthos folder should be like this:

DWGs

Orthocube Library

Styles

Message 6 of 11
Dan.Scales
in reply to: EricNyh

Hi,

The incorrect folders for the Ortho drawings as EricNyh says could be the cause of this issue.

If the paths to the ortho drawings is incorrect could you update them and retest?

Incorrect:

\Orthos\DWGs\Styles
\Orthos\DWGs\DWGs
\Orthos\DWGs\Orthocube Library

Correct:

\Orthos\Styles
\Orthos\DWGs
\Orthos\Orthocube Library

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 11
vakhtang

I had this issue several times. I deleted problematic drawing from the project and then copied it back to project, and viewports started to work again.

Message 8 of 11
dry
Explorer
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi,

According to what you wrote above we have correct paths of the catalogs structure. So still we are looking for reason why viewports disappear. 

Best regards

Dominik Ryś

Message 9 of 11
dry
Explorer
in reply to: vakhtang

Hi,

Indeed it's working. Thanx for the tip.

Best regards

Dominik Ryś

Message 10 of 11
vakhtang

Autocad works in mysterious ways indeed! 🙂

Message 11 of 11
gri4775

The problems are missing Folders!

Look in the word file!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost