AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3d BOM Trouble Again.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Neiliecj
950 Views, 5 Replies

Plant 3d BOM Trouble Again.

Hi All,

I am having trouble with our plant 3d report creator BOM.

I have specifications which have a selection of pipe wall thicknesses and components in.

ie. a choice of pipe with a wall thickness of 5mm or 6mm etc.

Runs fine in the model and selections can be made by swopping parts.

BUT...

When we look at our report creator it counts the amount of items correctly but bundles them under one description.

ie

Three bends placed in a model all 100mm NB.

1 off 100mm NB bend has a wall thickness of 13.1mm (which was the first one placed)

1 off 100mm NB bend has a wall thickness of 8.7mm

1 off 100mm NB bend has a wall thickness of 6mm

All three items report in the Report Creator BOM as

3 off  100mm wall thickness of 13.1mm

This is not a coventional way of specifcation writing I know but it is client driven.

What do I need to do to get it reporting correctly??

Help anyone please

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IvanViqueira
in reply to: Neiliecj

Hi,

If I understand, I think that you should change the order when you group your components in your report creator.
What are you using to group the components?. In the report layout, section "Group and sort".
You need to group by a wall thickness or another different characteristic.

Regards, 

Ivan

Message 3 of 6
Neiliecj
in reply to: IvanViqueira

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the response,

I have set my groupheader to [PartSizeLongDesc] of which contains individual descriptions for each different part with regard to wall thickness and a little matching pipe information.

.Report Designer View.JPG

Which in turn should show a result like this from the data manager for the three parts which is correct.

Data Manager.JPG

But the report creator is reporting like this....

report.JPG

Coupling all three bends in this case together under the description of the first item inserted even though they are different part.

I have a feeling it is grouping on the short description somehow and ignoring the header information..... but dont know were to change it.

Cheers

Message 4 of 6
JohnHolder
in reply to: Neiliecj

I had the same issue.  There is a way to fix it.  I just don't remember anymore.

when you organize your <report creator> the line items need to be organized by <long description>  It is not the default.

Basically you need to run <report creator> and fiddle with the layout - make sure you back stuff up so you don't delete report templates or make changes that you can't fix.

john.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hi,

If you want the report to sort items by the Wall Thickness you need to add the property to the sorting list and move it to a position under the main sort property:

Sort.png

The above setting gives this result:

BOM.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 6 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Alternatively, if you want the sorting to be based on the Long Description (Size) you can use the following:

PartSize.png

BOM2.png

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost