AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D and Architecture Objects

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcstahl
594 Views, 1 Reply

Plant 3D and Architecture Objects

I have downloaded the 30 day trial of Plant 3D and have been working with it for the last three days. Plant 3D works well by itself but when I start to incorporate an Architecture 2010 drawing file or incorporate a Plant 3D file into a Civil 3D 2010 drawing file, it is very clear they do not work well together.

Most of our firm's work is related to municipal wastewater treatment plant design. We offer the full design package: Civil, Architectural, Structural, Process Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical design. We would like to create a set of drawings that can be managed in a way that can be plotted, filled and accessed in a logical manner. Due to the way each software (Plant 3D, Architecture & Civil 3D) manages their files this has become a nightmare for file management, plotting and file access.

I do not mean to rant and rave but this is a real problem. Autodesk has too many products and it seems that there is no communication between each software group.

Here is my question. When creating ortho views I am not able to include walls, columns, doors from an Architecture 2010 drawing file. When going through "Select Orthographic View". It displays correctly, but the view comes in with just Plant 3D features. Why?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ausdag
in reply to: jcstahl

Hi Jcsthal

I can see your point and I am agree with you. We working on it, but I do not know when it will be incorporated.
In the meantime, you need to explode your architecture etc. before you create a Ortho drawing. That will give you a working orthographic view.

Please copy your original drawing to the 3D Plant, before you explode the drawing.

R,
Dag Austrheim

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost