AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D 2015 Objects Moving By Themselves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ewan2179
270 Views, 2 Replies

Plant 3D 2015 Objects Moving By Themselves

We are experiencing a strange occurrence within AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015. We place pipes into our model to line up with the Point Cloud (created in ReCap) and for some reason they are moving on their own by a few hundred millimeters at times. It is not just limited to piping, but equipment, 3D shapes etc. 

Its causing a major hassle. Does anyone have any ideas as to what can be causing it? Its is happening on several different computers with several different users. 

Thanks

Ewan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patpat79
in reply to: ewan2179

woahh... (paanu un?) how does it happen? or when does it happen?Does it happen exactly after you had moved the piping and equipment? thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 3
ewan2179
in reply to: patpat79

Hi Pat,

It is totally random movement. We can position pipes in the moring and a few hours later some piping (not all) has moved. We have a structural drawing which was unopened for a few days (I know this by checking the save date) and when xrefed into the new drawing, one pillar had moved one way, and a second pillar had moved another way. It was fine the night before as we had xrefed it into the drawing and checked a few dimensions - by the morning it had moved the pillars (and some handrails).

If it was just myself it was happening to, I would assume that I've accidentally moved the objects along with something else but as all three of us have expereinced it I think something weird is happening. Never had this problem on Plant 3D 2012, 2013 or 2014.

Thanks

Ewan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost