AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3d 2013 Isometric set - cut length precision

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mcginnis7186
1810 Views, 2 Replies

Plant 3d 2013 Isometric set - cut length precision

I've been trying to figure this out for hours, looking in the xml file and throughout all the project setup menus. Does anyone know where or how to change the precision for my cut length in the cut piece list? my project is in milimeters and it's giving me 6 decimal places.

Also, is there a way to show metric and english units in the BOM for pipe? Just like when you are working in 3D and you click the toggle size display mode icon, so it shows you mm and inches?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: mcginnis7186

in your isoconfig.xml

search for similar text to below, I thnk the number after precision may be what your looking for

<Style Name="Imperial" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="ImperialSize" UnitFormat="Fractional" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="&quot;" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="ImperialPipeLength" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="Metric" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricSize" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricPipeLength" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="mm" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricPipeLengthAlt" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision2" Prefix="" Suffix="M" Scale="0.001" Decimal="." />

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 3
IdahoCadman
in reply to: mcginnis7186

This has been a lot of help. I would really like to find out what affects each variable would do to the precisions.

Such as if I wanted 1/8" precision what variable would I change it to, or 1/4" and so on.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost