AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

Piping elements - Only after defining Line No.

248 Views, 2 Replies
10-14-2012 08:29 AM

As Autocad allows the modelling of pipe line without line nos in Plant 3d space, my designers doing modelling most of the line without line no. and doing at the last. It makes to difficult at the day end, as I couldn't able to take a required isometric and check, also I dont't able to tract the line nos. they had completed. I am looking for an option like, model should be done only after defining Line No. Request from all users to provide a feeback about my option proposed, pls.

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: Piping elements - Only after defining Line No.

10-15-2012 05:19 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

I think that's up to managing your users.  Typically, I recommend having a printout of the P&ID and then highlighting what you've completed as your route it.  Once you finish the part, the checker gets the P&ID to go over.  At that stage, the checker should be verifying the line isos with a line number, or the pipe has to fix it.

Plant 3D isn't a piper management solution :smileyhappy:

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Plant 3d Wish list: https://plant3d.uservoice.com/
Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Piping elements - Only after defining Line No.

10-16-2012 09:18 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

I feel there shouldn't be any hole. Without a spec and line size, I can't route pipe, then the line no is assigned for any item getting placed in 3d(?-?.-spec-size), but this is not getting reflected in the list in production iso and the list below in route pipe. One can find the unassigned only in Data manager.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.