AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Supports in BOM on ISO

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Eshleman78
1295 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe Supports in BOM on ISO

Is there an easy way to change the pipe support properties to display on the iso in the Shop or Fabrication sections of the Bill of Material?  Some I want under Shop and some I want under Fabrication.  The only way I can find is to export the support information from data manager, edit the field that says Shop or Fab and import it back in and then run my iso's.  This seems like to much and having to manually manipulate and iso is not an option. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Eshleman78

highlight the appropriate supports

then in properties you can select shop or field

refer attched

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 6
damian_willcox
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

If you want to apply the shop/field status more permanently than per support basis in the model as well as tailor supports specifically to your project, you can edit the Pipe Supports Spec file which is what populates the Dynamic Pipe Supports Spec Tool Palette.

You will find a "PipeSupportsSpec" spec file in the 'Spec Sheets' folder of your project.  Open this up in the Spec Editor and you can change shop/field, description and other properties.  You can also add and remove supports from the Catalog, and in the Catalog edit support sizes.

Hope that helps.

-damian

Damian Willcox
Sr. XD Architect
Message 4 of 6
Eshleman78

I was hoping it was that easy when I first started.  It would make sense to select it and look in the properties.  Are you running Plant3D 2013, because I'm on 2012 and do not have the option you have.  See Attachment.  I guess I have to still export the data, edit and import. 

Message 5 of 6
Rich.O.3d

this option is available in 2012

you may need to tick the visible in object view box in project setup/plant3d wdg settings/plant 3d class definitions/piping and equipment/pipe run components/supports

you can also set the default

refer attached 

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 6 of 6
Eshleman78

That box is checked in my project.  But I am not about to pulldown the default value.  I opened up a sample project and I am able to pulldown the default value.  For some reason in my project the rule has been deleted.  I believe I need to add the rules that match the sample project and it may work.  Now it's just to get 40 designers out of the project.  Thanks for the help.  I'm almost there

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost