AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe support location dimensions on Piping Isometrics

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Buckeye1
1442 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe support location dimensions on Piping Isometrics

Our " out of the box" Plant 3D program will not  put the pipe support location dimensions on the piping isometrics drawing. We nned these dimensions to be part of our finished iso.

Also we would like to have the in line pipe coupling dimensions automaticly place on our piping isometrics.

Can you out line the steps involved to achieve these goals?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anthonyperks8274
in reply to: Buckeye1

I also want to know how this is done.  I need to check each pipe support to ensure that the dimensions that are being used in the model are checked vs the stanard pipe support drawings, to ensure compliance.

Is there any way that anyone knows of to extract the dimensions that are being used for each pipe support in a model?  

Message 3 of 4
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Buckeye1

Have you checked the "Display pipe supports on isometric drawing" checbox in the Title block settings page?

If it's checked go into the "Dimensions" page and see if the "Pipe supports" row is checked, and which dimension type is checked (end to end,string or location). You need to pick one.

About the coupling dimensions: you can check the dimensions in the spec editor. Open the pipe spec and select your coupling than click on "Find in catalog". Then if you go into the "Catalog editor" page you can see the dimensions.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 4 of 4

> Have you checked the "Display pipe supports on isometric drawing" checbox in the Title block settings page?

> If it's checked go into the "Dimensions" page and see if the "Pipe supports" row is checked, and which dimension type is checked (end to end,string or location). You need to pick one.

I'm not asking for the dimension of the centre of the pipe support.  I'm asking for the dimensions of the actual pipe support itself.  Length, Width, Height, Plate size, Gusset size, distance between clamps, etc etc.  That information is not shown in the pipe support information on the isometric as far as I can see?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost