AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Shoes - how can I modify them?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
eskisa0100
666 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe Shoes - how can I modify them?

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a pipe shoe onto an 8" pipe.  It automatically throws in an 8" shoe.  I have 2" distance between the steel and the pipe.  How can I modify this vertical distance? I can't even find anything in the help files or YouTube.

Also I need to trim it to fit on said steel.  It comes out about twice as long as I want it.  I cannot see any way to modify existing shoes or create ones with the correct sizes.  I can't use the "Add Pipe Support" option because a shoe like I want is already in the standard library. 

Please help!!!

thank you.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jabowabo
in reply to: eskisa0100

You can click on the support after inserted to modify via grip edits.  You can also change dimensions in the properties palette.  If you want to create your own, create a spec called 'PipeSupportsSpec.pspx', add supports, then put the spec in the Project 'Spec Sheets' folder.  If you copy and rename 'SUPPORTS Catalog.acat' in your 'CPak Common' folder to 'SUPPORTS Catalog.pcat' you can use the delivered supports as a starting point for creating your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost