AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Segments

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
blorich
612 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Segments

This might be a wish list item but I would like to be able to set the pipe segments length to 0.  That way when I add weldneck flange to an elbow it doesn't need to insert a pipe length.  I know I can manuly add this, but when designing it would be nice to be able to place a flanged valve on an eblow and have the autopipe not include a pipe segment.  I don't see why you need to put a number in there (minimum being .25" it tells me) since you can take a socketweld flange and place it on an elbow with out a spool, its not recommended but it can be done, ask a pipe fitter.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan.Scales
in reply to: blorich

Hi,

If you are talking about the tangent lengths used in pipe bends then you can modify the defaults used by editing the "PipeBendDefaultValues.txt" file that is located in the install directory of Plant 3D.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 5
blorich

Dan,

Thanks for the response. 

I do not beleive that the tangent lenght default values is what I am talking about.  In the Project setup there is a Pipe Segment box that can not have a default value of 0, which forces a pipe spool to be placed after a fitting. the pipe bend it self is fine, its the fact that it forces me to place a spool afer any fitting.

Message 4 of 5
Dan.Scales

Hi,

OK, I understand what you need now and will log a feature enhancement request with our developers.

In the meantime you will need to manually place the flange on the elbow.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 5
joshuaadams
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Guys,

You can do this. Please refer to the following post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-general/plant-3d-including-25mm-pups-when-not-needed/...

Cheers,

Josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost