AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe maximum cut lenght and/or adding victaulic clamp fastener

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lemc0039
808 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe maximum cut lenght and/or adding victaulic clamp fastener

Hi there,

is there a way to setup a maximum cut length for a pipe in Plant 3D.

Ex: I have a 100ft lg straigth pipe and i would like to hace a clamp at every 20ft. 

Can i setup a maximum cut length to 20ft so when i will route a pipe longer than 20ft, an additionnal clamp will appear and i will have 2 pipe segment? 

And/or, can i simply add a victaulic pipe clamp in the middle of a pipe, splitting the actual pipe.

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: lemc0039

There's no way that I know of in the released version. We're doing some work in this area for including in a future version. Would you be interested in taking a look at what we've done so far and letting us know what you think?

If you are interested, send me an email  - peter.quinn@autodesk.com

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: lemc0039

I configured something like this for a client. We created a pipe with a standard length and stored it as a block in a 'library' drawing in a 'library' project. We created a palette that picks up that block, making it possible to insert each pipe individually. Not a perfect procedure, but it works.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 4 of 4
rkreiss375
in reply to: PeterQuinn

I want to make sure I'm clear on this.  Can you install a Vic coupling in the middle of a straight run of pipe?

If not, is there a work around?  I have a mixed system with buttweld fittings and Vic couplings instead of Feild Welds.

If there is no practical work around I will be forced to use a difrent software.

Please help with this.

Thanks

Rod

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost