AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

elenapeng
Message 1 of 4 (602 Views)

pipe, flange and valve problem

602 Views, 3 Replies
12-20-2011 05:51 PM

Pipe, Flange and Valve Problem

I have tried to model pipe, flange and valve together and they cannot be connected. Please see below list for the spec editor:

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130   END CONNECTION: PPL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                               END CONNECTION: FL, LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                  END CONNECTION: LAP, PPL

BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                           END CONNECTION: FL

GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                         END CONNECTION: FL

BALL VALVE  FROM CUSTOM PART                           END CONNECTION: FL

Pipe and flange can be connected, but I cannot put any more flange or valve on.

Can anybody please tell me what is wrong? Much appreciated.

Thank you!

Elena

Employee
rajsekarpillai
Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)

Re: pipe, flange and valve problem

12-20-2011 10:19 PM in reply to: elenapeng

Hi,

Try these end connections...

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130  END CONNECTION: PPL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                              END CONNECTION: FL, (add FF or RTJ for facing), LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                 END CONNECTION: LAP, (add FF or RTJ for facing), PPL

BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                           END CONNECTION: (remove the endtype)

GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                        END CONNECTION: set "Undefined_ET", add FF or RTJ for facing

BALL VALVE  FROM CUSTOM PART                           END CONNECTION: FL

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

elenapeng
Message 3 of 4 (564 Views)

12-21-2011 05:02 PM in reply to: rajsekarpillai

Thanks for your reply.

I used end connections...

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130         END CONNECTION: PL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                                    END CONNECTION: FL, ( FF for facing), LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                       END CONNECTION: LAP, ( FF for facing),   BV                                                                                                                                                                   BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                                END CONNECTION:   None                                                                GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                             END CONNECTION: set "Undefined_ET",  FF for facing

GATE VALVE, PN16, PFS, PFS, METAL SEATED, TYCO WATER                           END CONNECTION: FL

These working very well. But I cann't put valve on it and ISO was not connect. Please see attached.

Thank you,

Elena

Employee
rajsekarpillai
Message 4 of 4 (557 Views)

12-21-2011 07:17 PM in reply to: elenapeng

Hi,

Good to know that the end connection mappings are working!

Can you try placing the component one by one such as Pipe -> place the LAP Flange on the pipe end ->Place the Valve on the Flange End ->  then Place the Flange on the Valve end -> pipe ...?

Meanwhile, I will try it in my end to find out the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.