AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe, flange and valve problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
elenapeng
1370 Views, 3 Replies

pipe, flange and valve problem

Pipe, Flange and Valve Problem

I have tried to model pipe, flange and valve together and they cannot be connected. Please see below list for the spec editor:

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130   END CONNECTION: PPL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                               END CONNECTION: FL, LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                  END CONNECTION: LAP, PPL

BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                           END CONNECTION: FL

GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                         END CONNECTION: FL

BALL VALVE  FROM CUSTOM PART                           END CONNECTION: FL

Pipe and flange can be connected, but I cannot put any more flange or valve on.

Can anybody please tell me what is wrong? Much appreciated.

Thank you!

Elena

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: elenapeng

Hi,

Try these end connections...

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130  END CONNECTION: PPL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                              END CONNECTION: FL, (add FF or RTJ for facing), LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                 END CONNECTION: LAP, (add FF or RTJ for facing), PPL

BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                           END CONNECTION: (remove the endtype)

GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                        END CONNECTION: set "Undefined_ET", add FF or RTJ for facing

BALL VALVE  FROM CUSTOM PART                           END CONNECTION: FL

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
elenapeng
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

Thanks for your reply.

I used end connections...

PIPE, SDR11 PE100 SERIES1 VINIDEX AS/NZS 4130         END CONNECTION: PL

BACKING RING, TABLE D VINIDEX                                    END CONNECTION: FL, ( FF for facing), LAP

FLANGE STUB, SDR11, VINIDEX                                       END CONNECTION: LAP, ( FF for facing),   BV                                                                                                                                                                   BOLTSET, LB, STUD BOLT                                                END CONNECTION:   None                                                                GASKET,TABLE D, AS 2129                                             END CONNECTION: set "Undefined_ET",  FF for facing

GATE VALVE, PN16, PFS, PFS, METAL SEATED, TYCO WATER                           END CONNECTION: FL

These working very well. But I cann't put valve on it and ISO was not connect. Please see attached.

Thank you,

Elena

Message 4 of 4
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: elenapeng

Hi,

Good to know that the end connection mappings are working!

Can you try placing the component one by one such as Pipe -> place the LAP Flange on the pipe end ->Place the Valve on the Flange End ->  then Place the Flange on the Valve end -> pipe ...?

Meanwhile, I will try it in my end to find out the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost