AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Active Contributor
tarrynd
Message 1 of 3 (466 Views)

Pipe and Slip on Flange Dimension incorrect in ISO

466 Views, 2 Replies
09-18-2012 11:17 PM

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am pulling an ISO of a pipe which contains a slip on flange. The end types for the flange are: 1. FL and 2. SO. When I pull the ISO it should show a dimension of 600 including the flange width. The pipe was created with a length of 600. But when I add the flange to the pipe it adds the additional 14 (Flange thickness). Therefore my dimension in my ISO is 614 instead of 600. Is there a way to change this so that the flange sits over the pipe instead of infront of it? I tried changing the engagment length in the catalog editor. It put the flange 14mm infront of the pipe, but no matter what sizes I changed it to I could never get the flange to sit on the pipe.

Kind regards,

Tarryn

Valued Contributor
milic.srdjan
Message 2 of 3 (384 Views)

Re: Pipe and Slip on Flange Dimension incorrect in ISO

09-26-2012 03:51 AM in reply to: tarrynd

As I understand correct, You need do have one point on a slipon flange, that contains two attachment point, one for a pipe (SO) and one for a flange (FL), as You wrote,

When we look at B16.5, please, You can find that this two points are slightly different, not the same.

When You change a component in catalog, reload again in pipespec, then test it.
I saw in catalog that they have a little difference from L and I values.
You must also check "way of dimension" for ISO template form. I suppose that You can check length of pipes in cut piece list, is it correct or wrong.

@end, this is interested problem, because on a big flanges this difference can be big.
e.g For 16" SO Flange L-I 2.5"-2.34"=0.16" (>4 mm), then if you have 10, or 20 flanges on a line , it goes > 8 cm

Contributor
halitomi
Message 3 of 3 (54 Views)

Re: Pipe and Slip on Flange Dimension incorrect in ISO

07-07-2014 02:02 AM in reply to: tarrynd

Is there a good solution for it?

Same problem here.

If you have a slip-on flange the pipe should not run until the flange "end-plane". It should be cut back with at least the wall-thickness (X), to have enough room for the welding inside the flange.

Engagement length does not do any good. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.