AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts do not fit - NO JOKE.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mikeshr2
859 Views, 2 Replies

Parts do not fit - NO JOKE.

Parts fit perfectly with a pop between reducer and flange.  Construction line through the centerline to make sure everything remains aligned.

1.JPG

Pop removed.  Everything else remains perfectly aligned.

2.JPG

Attempt to move the flange to the tee.  Everything is perfectly aligned - double check using both ortho during move and snap to xline to verify.

3.JPG

Final result.

4.JPG

I have started my career as a SAS programmer.  When calling tech support there was never a wait, a very competent tech would pickup and work as long as it takes to resolve the problem.  Follow up calls from SAS tech support to me were common and after a while a relationship has developed where they would call me to see if maybe I knew how to resolve the problem that they had not seen before.  I know there is no such thing as a bug free software, and despite all the bugs I really appreciate Autodesk making a product that saves us all from having to draw with a pencil.  However the fact that I have been working with AutoCAD for 20 years and I have not even heard of anyone ever speaking to Autodesk tech support, is mind-boggling.  I, in all sincerity, have intention of bringing a camcorder to my office and record over my shoulder for 9 hours how things that should take 2 clicks, instead take 3 days of work and are still not resolved ALL DUE TO PARTS THAT SHOULD CONNECT BUT DON'T, AND PARTS THAT SHOULD STAY CONNECTED BUT BECOME DISCONNECTED FOR NO APPERENT REASON.  I will then find me a lawyer and spend the rest of my life suing Autodesk for threatening my ability to make a living, by charging millions of dollars for their software and then deliberately, meticulously eliminating any ability for the customer to contact them to inquire how to resolve obvious defects like this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
celeste56
in reply to: mikeshr2

Have run into the same situation.

Message 3 of 3
mikeshr2
in reply to: mikeshr2

Hmm... Got personally contacted by Autodesk tech support.  I guess they do check up on complaints here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost