AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts are not updating when I select Check for Updates from Catalog In Spec Ed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
eadkins73
912 Views, 7 Replies

Parts are not updating when I select Check for Updates from Catalog In Spec Ed

After editing a part in my catalogs the Spec components are not updating when I select "Check for Updates from Catalog" In Spec Editor.  Right now I am checking and unchecking the part size by size (i.e. the sizes used in the spec) in the spec as a work around but this is very tedius for the number of pipe specs we have.

Does anyone know why this isn't working anymore?

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: eadkins73

Have you tried clearing the local data cache? It stores references to catalog components which can get out of date.

The local data cache stores some spec and catalog information as well as information for connecting to projects. Clearing it will force plant 3d to refresh the stored project settings:
http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/03/plant-3d-startup-hanging/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 8
Icegambit

Not sure if this has been answered already since couple days old, but if your trying to sync the spec to be updated with what you changed in the catalog, and you still have the spec open it wont work. Before you try and sync the spec with the catalog you need to make sure you dont have the spec open in the editor.

Also if your using a project in plant 3D that isn't connected to the main folder for specs your changing, then you'll need to copy them to the folder your working out of. Otherwise your just syncing your data but never actually using it for mearly not pulling them into the project folder.

Message 4 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Icegambit

Actually, I'm able to reproduce this issue with some 2014 specs. I have a troubleshooting ticket in with Autodesk.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 8
eadkins73

Thanks Dave.  I apprciate.  Please let me know the results of the ticket.

This used to work in 2013....

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 6 of 8
dave.wolfe

They have made a fix, and it should be included in a service pack. I'm checking to see if I'm allowed to distribute it or not.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 8
john_ratliff
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave, Any update on the Fix for this issue? I'm using 2013 and have SP2 applied and there is no fix included.
Message 8 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: john_ratliff

I didn't see the issue on 2013. Autodesk has made a hotfix available, but you will have to go through your support channel to get it for 2014.  In my experience, in 2013, typically the component was placed from a different catalog than the one expected.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost