AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D12 - Custom Operator - Undefined Size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rcfuss
574 Views, 4 Replies

P3D12 - Custom Operator - Undefined Size

I am trying to create a custom gear operator.

In catalog editor, I create new Component, Use Custom Geometry, select Actuators, then it asks for Size Description, Operator Type, and Actuator Type.

I am following the user help under create new component (block based) under Actuators and for some reason the "size" under "sizes" tab, remains undefined.

Anybody know how to make this work?  We have a huge project and this is going to be a priority.

Thank you,

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rcfuss
in reply to: Rcfuss

Anybody have a clue on this?  I was really hoping someone from Autodesk would of seen this by now.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
jbassett

Robert,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?  I have been experiencing the same situation and your request is the only one I have found on the Internet.

Thanks,

Jim

Message 4 of 5
Rcfuss
in reply to: jbassett

You need to put on the proper description for the Long Description Size.

APOLLO_A, H=.75", W=.75"

In this description  The first part of this APOLLO_A matches the ActuatorType in the general properties.  The second part

, H=.75", W=.75" I used a comma then a space then entered H=.75",W=.75".  I basically called out the valve size for that actuator which is 3/4".  The H and The W doesn't have to match your actuall height and width but the H= and the W= need to be in the description for it to show up in your operator assignments list.

Message 5 of 5
jbassett

Thanks, I got it all working now. Jim Bassett Drafting Manager Nimbus Projects Ltd. Suite 600, 630-6th Ave. S.W. Calgary, Alberta T2P 0S8 (403)266-3669

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost