AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3d PID to IPad

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
a.strehler
588 Views, 5 Replies

P3d PID to IPad

Hello,

We are using Plant3d and we are genarating a lot of PID's. I would like to finde a way to transport the PID with all database informations to an IPad.

I tried allready to generate a dwfx file and load it via cloud to my IPad. But unfortuneatly It doesen't work.

Can you please give me any recommondations to finde a solution?

Best regards Andi

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: a.strehler

Is there a design review app for the Ipad?  It should show the properties.  You'll have to publish the P&IDs.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/10/smart-dwfs-in-autocad-plant-3d-and-autocad-pid/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
a.strehler

Thanks for your fast reply...

We still generate dwfx files for internal use... On our PC station in the workshop we still use the designreview to open the dwfx files and it's running perfect.

Now we would like to use IPads... We have allready installed the designreview app on the IPad. The problem is to place the file on the Ipad. We can use the cloud but we would prefer a other method.

The secound problem is we can not open the dwfx with the app on the IPad...

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

i don't think there is another method

design review for the ipad works directly with Autodesk cloud storage service

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: DarrenP

DWF is good way to do this. I don't know about DWFx. DWFs include the properties and show up on Design Review on IOS and Android.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
a.strehler
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thank you for your help.

We were able to realise it. Unfortuneatly we do not have Internetaccess on each point in our workshops. That is necessaray because the Designreview app works only with the Autodesk cloud. If we can't find a way to load the drawings without using the cloud we need to finde an other solution...

Anyway thanks for your help...

Best regards

Andi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost