AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p3d 2014 pipe classes/catalogs are broken since 2015 install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MJ
Explorer
274 Views, 2 Replies

p3d 2014 pipe classes/catalogs are broken since 2015 install

i have got a problem with my custom pipe classes in p3d 2014 since i installed and migrated my content to p3d 2015.

First of all we set up our p3d 2014 sample project with our specific pipe classes and catalogs and the rest of the "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content" on our servers and edit all of our project paths to ths sample project/content so that we all work with the exact same classes/catalogs.

We intend to install 2015 on one pc for testing and move our companies project when everything ist tested out and works fine, so for now we are still working with 2014 in general. For testing 2015 i saved and migrated our 2014 sample project as well as our specific pipe classes and catalogs (with SpecEditor2015) to an new "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content" folder on our servers. In p3d 2015 everything works as intended for testing but as the title says, my pipe classes and catalogs are somehow broken in p3d 2014 cause there are some symbols missing and most of our specific catalog components for the pipe class are not working anymore. Even a backup of the 2014 sample project and Content folder on the server before installing 2015 does not helped.

I also checked the project paths to make sure that only the 2014 classes are used for piping and also just worked with 2014 spec editor on the 2014 classes an catalogs.Furthermore only the pc with the 2015 install is this kind of corrupted, cause on other desktops we don´t have any problems working on 2014 projects, pipe classes and catalogs from the shared server folders.

I guess the problem ist caused by the 2015 install, maybe the corrupted pc sets the standard software to open the pipe classes and catalogs for example to SpecEditor2015 (while working with SE2015) so that Plant3D 2014 on this pc is not able to read any kind of .pspc/.pspx/.pcat data properly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PeterQuinn
in reply to: MJ

Just so you know - the pipe specs and catalog format for 2014 is exactly the same as 2015. You don't have to migrate anything to use 2014 specs in 2015.

I have no idea what's going on in your installation.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
MJ
Explorer
in reply to: PeterQuinn

We found and fixed the problem!

The Path for shared Folders in the 2014 SpecEditor was somehow changed to the "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content", where i got my migrated classes and catalogs saved. To change back the path an i needed an administrator thats why i did not found this mistake in first place. it seems like that prblem happend with the installation of p3d 2015 or while working with spec editor 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost