AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2013 Ortho View empty after the “Ortho Generation” dialog box closes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
David_Metcalf
520 Views, 1 Reply

P3D 2013 Ortho View empty after the “Ortho Generation” dialog box closes

An user is having some issues with Plant 3d and was wondering if anything can be done for help on the subject. The issues is creating “Ortho” drawings,  everything is done correctly and when the view is placed in the drawing and after the “Ortho Generation” dialog box is gone, there is just an empty viewport. When another user opens this drawing on his computer he sees the same empty viewport, but when he tries to update the view it will generate the view. After saving and closing the drawing and reopening on another user's computer they see the same view that was updated on the other computer, if they try to edit or update the view will go away and all they are left with is just an empty viewport. And also the view that was created on the first computer is just on the Default Equip and Misc. (white) layers, all the used layers have been added to the template they are using.

Thanks

David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
EricNyh
in reply to: David_Metcalf

What I've found is that on migrated machines, the copy process will create an extra "DWGs" folder under \Orthos\ and then copies the real "DWGs", "Orthocube Library" and "Styles" underneith.

Moving, DWGs, Orthocube Library and Styles up a level, under Orthos, fixes it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/P3D-2014-Ortho-Generation-Settings-Lost/m-p/3929690#M...

Hopefully this will get fixed in a Service Pack or some other update.

(I just noticed you said P3D 2013...I was thinking 2014)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost