AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 1 of 5 (479 Views)
Accepted Solution

P3D 2012 - File Name Format

479 Views, 4 Replies
08-09-2012 12:31 PM

I want to do something a little different than what the default interface seems to be able to do for File Name Format.  I want to concantenate different data: Project Number - DWGType - DWGNumber - Sequence Number where Project Number is the same number entered on the Project Details, DWGType is a list of letters <example; D=PID, A=Architectural, I=Iso., and DWGNumber is the same as the number added in on the Properties of the DWG itself, Sequence is just user entry numbers <001, 002, etc>.  And here is the kicker, I only want to put this data in once.  I can get it to do what I want provided I am willing to fill out the info twice.

So, is there a way to create a field in P3D File Name Format that will concatenate other fields together to produce the name I am after?

Hi Dennis,

You can use the command PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES to combine properties.

I have not tested using it to create a file name format as it is an undocumented and unsupported command so you will really need to try it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dan

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 2 of 5 (405 Views)

Re: P3D 2012 - File Name Format

09-04-2012 02:02 AM in reply to: dennis

Hi Dennis,

You can use the command PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES to combine properties.

I have not tested using it to create a file name format as it is an undocumented and unsupported command so you will really need to try it yourself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Active Contributor
SrPiper
Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)

08-19-2014 02:11 PM in reply to: dennis

Hi

did you solve this file name format problem using the PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES command?

thanks

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)

08-22-2014 08:33 AM in reply to: SrPiper

No, the File Name Format cannot access any Field or Drawing Properties data directly.  I ended up writing some .NET code to do what I wanted.

ae_m44
Message 5 of 5 (26 Views)

12-08-2014 11:51 PM in reply to: dennis
can you tell me please how to do that?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.