AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2012: Cutting ISO - LDT Bug?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pkw167
704 Views, 6 Replies

P3D 2012: Cutting ISO - LDT Bug?

When cutting ISOs, I have noticed that some ISOs will display info from my LDT, and some will not, I was going back checking for typing mistakes and all other areas that could cause this problem.

After a few hours of more testing, it turns out that when there are more then one ISO generated from the same line, the LDT information will not display.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ybogdanov
in reply to: pkw167

One question, which utility have LDT attached file? Can you explain you workflow please? I view this LDT option but I never didn't use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 7
pkw167
in reply to: ybogdanov

Within the project setup, Isometric DWG Settings, Title Block and display, Setup Title Block., title block attributes, and the LDT Setup tab, you can specify an excel file and location of your LDT, after selecting the Header row and line number column, click on the View LDT button to check if everything looks right.  I then go back to the Add Attributes tab and Map attributes button to make sure each of the block attributes matches the Plant 3D Attributes that I have created in the  headings in my LDT.

Once my ISOs are generated, LDT values all appears as I have planned, except for ISOs where the line has more then one sheet, or more then one ISO.  In this case, only the line number will appear, and the rest of the fields are all blank.

Message 4 of 7
RSFAdsk

Hello,
I am not able to reproduce the problem.  LDT attributes *are* showing up on second+ sheets and ISOs for me.  But I'm suspicious that it could be related to locking somehow, either by multiple users or multiple threads.  I also used an xslx.  I'll keep trying...

Yury, we have a sample LDT spreadsheet in the online help.  See "To configure a line designation table" under here there is a .zip you can download.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
pkw167
in reply to: RSFAdsk

any idea on how I can go abouts trying to trouble shoot this?  it is a feature to save a lot of time, and we really would like to get it to work for all our ISOs

Message 6 of 7
RSFAdsk

I belive that I am now able to reproduce the problem (once the LDT fails to work, from then on it appears to fail).  I'll post back when I can confirm.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
RSFAdsk
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Still waiting for confirmation that this is a new defect.  But it happens to me every time the line splits into multiple isos (not to be confused with sheets).

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost