AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
DJPiper
Message 1 of 5 (287 Views)

P&ID

287 Views, 4 Replies
11-01-2009 03:12 PM
does anyone tried to use The P&ID built in the Plant 3D?

1. the flipping of the Reducer symbol is not happening. according to the help file, the reducer will orient automatic once you change the size of the process line.

2. are there any tricks when inserting components in P&ID? i cannot place the blind flange correctly specially on a vertical line. and also the flange, i cannot orient it to the direction i want.

3. ive tried to wblock the drain assembly (line,valve and a plug) hoping to re-use it to other lines. once i insert the block, explode it the valve and plug disappear. any recommended method?
Board Manager
MangeshKalbhor
Message 2 of 5 (287 Views)

Re: P&ID

11-02-2009 11:19 AM in reply to: DJPiper
1. Flipping of the reducer also depends on the type of annotation selected for Reducer. By default ‘Big size versus small size’ is shown in the annotation but the bigger end of the reducer will always be on the bigger side of pipe, if not it will align by flipping itself. If this is not happening, can you provide some details.
2. This seems like a defect to me. I’ll open a defect for this.
3. The WBLOCK workflow should work the way you mentioned. After exploding it should give you all, noting should dissapear . Can you provide the WBLOCK-ed drawing.
E-mail: mangesh.kalbhor@autodesk.com

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Board Manager
MangeshKalbhor
Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

11-02-2009 11:22 AM in reply to: DJPiper
A work around for the flang to align would be to create a separate block and create another symbol list property (or new class) and use this new block in correct orientation for vertical lines.

Mangesh Kalbhor

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
DJPiper
Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

11-03-2009 03:29 PM in reply to: DJPiper
Hi Mangesh,

i think its a deffect. i also downloaded Autocad P&ID 2010 Demo, hoping its behaving diffirently with the one built in Plant 3D. but my problem is still a problem in this Demo.
thiagog
Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)

P&ID tool palettes

04-24-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: MangeshKalbhor

Hi, im a new user of autocad P&ID 2010, and i have so many doubt, i would thanks if anybody could help me.

i want to add a different kind of equipement in my tool palettes (for example, i have some kind of pumps available, but i would like to use a centrifugal pump, and i cant add in a tool palette), anybody could help me please.

Thank you.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!