AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
DJPiper
513 Views, 4 Replies

P&ID

does anyone tried to use The P&ID built in the Plant 3D?

1. the flipping of the Reducer symbol is not happening. according to the help file, the reducer will orient automatic once you change the size of the process line.

2. are there any tricks when inserting components in P&ID? i cannot place the blind flange correctly specially on a vertical line. and also the flange, i cannot orient it to the direction i want.

3. ive tried to wblock the drain assembly (line,valve and a plug) hoping to re-use it to other lines. once i insert the block, explode it the valve and plug disappear. any recommended method?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MangeshKalbhor
in reply to: DJPiper

1. Flipping of the reducer also depends on the type of annotation selected for Reducer. By default ‘Big size versus small size’ is shown in the annotation but the bigger end of the reducer will always be on the bigger side of pipe, if not it will align by flipping itself. If this is not happening, can you provide some details.
2. This seems like a defect to me. I’ll open a defect for this.
3. The WBLOCK workflow should work the way you mentioned. After exploding it should give you all, noting should dissapear . Can you provide the WBLOCK-ed drawing.
E-mail: mangesh.kalbhor@autodesk.com

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
MangeshKalbhor

A work around for the flang to align would be to create a separate block and create another symbol list property (or new class) and use this new block in correct orientation for vertical lines.

Mangesh Kalbhor

Mangesh Kalbhor
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
DJPiper

Hi Mangesh,

i think its a deffect. i also downloaded Autocad P&ID 2010 Demo, hoping its behaving diffirently with the one built in Plant 3D. but my problem is still a problem in this Demo.
Message 5 of 5
thiagog
in reply to: MangeshKalbhor

Hi, im a new user of autocad P&ID 2010, and i have so many doubt, i would thanks if anybody could help me.

i want to add a different kind of equipement in my tool palettes (for example, i have some kind of pumps available, but i would like to use a centrifugal pump, and i cant add in a tool palette), anybody could help me please.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost