AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Indesh
605 Views, 10 Replies

P&ID

I have created a new project and also a new tool palette for p&id which differs a lot from the customs symbols and line weight etc.....My issue is that if i have another project how can I import those tool palettes... i have tried ti import on another pc but the items don'n appear only a blank tool palette...

Can some help?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Indesh

Which nersion you have?

Because in the 2014 it is solved.

When you export the tool palette, all of the icon images are exported as well in the folder.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 11
Indesh
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Let's hope it works i have 2013 version i shall install the 2014 shortly.

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
Ahmed1081975

Hi All,

I have a doubt to understand both of you is there something you call Export toll pallet??

Any how you can make a new project during that you have an option you have to select if you need same setting / pallet everything you did in previous project (copy settings from existing Project)

For more clarification refer to attached screen shot

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 5 of 11
Attila.Vallyon

Yes.

First export your tool palett.

Right click on the side of the too palette.

Customize palettes...

Than on the left tab select the tool palette what you want to export.

Right click on it than select a location to export.

You will get an XTP file and a folder with the same name with all of the symbol icon images in it.

Than create a new project based on your original project.

Than in the new project create a new PID DWG and again:

Right click on the side of the too palette.

Customize palettes...

Than on the left tab right click and import.

This should work with 2014 version.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 6 of 11
Indesh
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Hello Ahmed,

I have not tried this yet but this idea seems to be very efficient and safe.. as if you dont't spend too much time in configuring your plant for new project you can just make a template and move on.

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
Indesh

Hi Vallyon,

This is what i was searching for what i have done is that i have exported the the tool palettes on the right tab on a new pc ..so now i do understand  that i should export the left tab palettes...

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Indesh

Hi,

One more query about this issue,do you know the specific location where the items for the tool palettes are stored on you drive.

The reason is that i have modify my tool palette (equipment pumps lines are new) and i want to get the custom tool palette for AP3D.

Regards

Message 9 of 11
Ahmed1081975

C:\Users\............\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014\R19.1\enu\Support

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 10 of 11
Indesh
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Thanks

Regards

Indesh

Message 11 of 11
Indesh

Hi there,

I have created a new equipment type (based from a block) in autoplant 3d on a new tool palette, i have exported the palette. When i try to import the palette on another pc, i do have the palette but i can't insert the equipment it says symbol could not be found????

can somebody help please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost