AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID to Plant 3D model mapping for Version 2013 - can't find info

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Grampster
741 Views, 2 Replies

P&ID to Plant 3D model mapping for Version 2013 - can't find info

I'm trying to understand P&ID to Model mapping and looked at "Map PID and Plant 3D Classes and Properties". The example that was supposedly from Data Manager didn't even resemble DM in version 2013. Then I discovered that the above document was for version 2010! Is there any documentation on this subject that's been updated to Plant 3D 2013? I can find nothing on YouTube either. There just doesn't seem to be any updated information, just like Bolt Mapping. This is very frustrating.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Grampster

Did you read this:

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesPUG/GUID-18A89024-4EE9-405F-9940-0EDF45...

First of all, mapping is basically telling Plant 3D how to treat P&ID parts, and which properties correspond to Plant 3D properties.

You don't have complete flexibility as the classes have to be related to each other, so it's mainly for properties.

The mapping process hasn't changed really.  Although for 2013, they did fix it so that if you use valve substitution, the tag remains.  

The biggest thing you need to watch out for are adding new classes to the P&ID side.  For example, if you add a bunch of new line types, you'll have to add the mappings so Plant 3D knows how to handle them.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
Grampster
in reply to: Grampster

Thank you for the update. As I said, the one I was looking at was for Plant 3D 2013. I'm printing it out now.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost