AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of total pipe length for pump selection

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
snijdam
1788 Views, 10 Replies

Overview of total pipe length for pump selection

Hello,

Is there a way to make a selection or just point a linenumber and show me the length of the pipe? The purpose of this is to select pumps so we need to know the total length of the pipe including the amount of bends and fittings.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Dan.Scales
in reply to: snijdam

Hi,

Currently it is not possible to get a total length of a pipe run by selecting the entire line number.

I will log an product enhancement request with our development team.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 11
Ahmed1081975

I would Like To add also when select the pipe to show also length and coordinate

And level it's very important CadWorx

Programs have these issues

Ahmed Helal

Message 4 of 11
Rich.O.3d

generaly preliminary pump selection and line size is done simply with the known approximation of differnece in head (discharge head - feed head) for the pumps duty and an approximation of total length

then once the prelimnary design and routing of the pipe is done, either a pcf is sent to a pipe analyst for an accurate second pass

If these calcs are done manualy, then i create an iso style such as 'pumpcalc' if you force this iso onto one sheet and only show pipe run components (pipe, elbows etc but not supports) this iso will give the full length in the bom and a qty of elbows, valves, orifice plates, etc for pressure loss factors. this iso will also give you the discharge head

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 5 of 11
phwatso

You can select the required pipe run and then use quickiso to create a parts list of fittings and pipe length, the advanced tab allows you to export the BoM into excel.

Message 6 of 11
snijdam
in reply to: phwatso

That is not a sloution but a time taking workaround. I would like to see a summary in the data manager for example.

Message 7 of 11
Dan.Scales

Hi,

The suggestions offered are indeed workarounds and for the time being they are the best option.

The feature enhancement I have logged with our developers is to get a total pipe length from a simple selection of a pipe run.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 8 of 11

I see that this thread is 5 years old, but no follow up.

I'm using Plant 3D 2017, and can't get the MTO to report on fitting lengths.

We use this as a tool for estimating at BOD stage, and the full centre line length, through the fittings is important to us.

Is this possible yet?

Message 9 of 11

Could you please update us on this matter? Request was recorded back in 2012...

Message 10 of 11

Formal request for status update on this submission. Has this been added somewhere now?

Thank you

Message 11 of 11
jabowabo
in reply to: sherwinQQ42A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost