AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orthographic Views and MEP/Architecture Objects

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
546 Views, 5 Replies

Orthographic Views and MEP/Architecture Objects

We have our structure and doors modeled in MEP. When we make an orthographic section view that cuts through the walls, the walls dont show up. But they show up in a view from the top. I have attached a picture of the plan and the section.

Is there a way to make AutoCAD MEP or Architecture drawings work with the orthographic views?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OR . .is there a way to make doors in P3D? That would also solve my problem, if I could just do all of the walls and doors in P3D.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
PeterQuinn

I realize this isn't ideal, but is there a way to convert the ACA objects into solids? Would this give you the ortho you need?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just wondering....is there an object enabler for MEP stuff that might not have made it into your P3D install?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Peter: I tried that, but when you look at a solid in plan view, the "swing" of the door does not show up.

richos: I dont think so, but I'll check with my CADD Manger and see.

What I did as a workaround was to make a 2D/3D block. I made a block that had a "plan view" drawn in the XY and a profile view drawn in the XZ. Then I copied the XY plan view to an elevation above the walls, that way it shows up in the walls. Then I make my view cube for the plan high enough to show it, and my view cube for my profiles low enough that I dont show it.

I attached a block of my 2D/3D door.

Message 6 of 6
jenakap1

Have you tried export to AutoCAD with ACA?

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost