AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Gablafrance
Message 1 of 2 (153 Views)
Accepted Solution

Orthographic layer costumization

153 Views, 1 Replies
06-27-2012 01:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I just started working on Plant 3d and I noticed that when I create 2d orthographic views the drawing is transfered on new layers. Also the drawing is just a bunch of blocks stuck together.

So my question is: Is it possible to create orthographic views that keep same layers as the 3d model and that create it as lines instead of blocks.

thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english!

Gabriel

The elements in the modelspace are not simple 2D blocks. Those include several additional informations, such as tag numbers and line numbers. And the software automatically assign the layers depending on the views you place. Different views have different layer sets.

So my answer is that I do not know that there is a way to do what you want.

Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)

Re: Orthographic layer costumization

06-28-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: Gablafrance

The elements in the modelspace are not simple 2D blocks. Those include several additional informations, such as tag numbers and line numbers. And the software automatically assign the layers depending on the views you place. Different views have different layer sets.

So my answer is that I do not know that there is a way to do what you want.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.