AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho Views Orientation

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Gabriel.N
4232 Views, 17 Replies

Ortho Views Orientation

Hey,

How do I rotate the orientation of an Ortho View?

When I just rote the viewport it works, but when I update it, it reverse to the original isertion.

Check image annex.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ybogdanov
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Rotate the layout?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 18
Arun_Kumar_K

Ortho view synchronisation in rotated view is not possible. One of the issue in ortho.
Message 4 of 18
Gabriel.N
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Exactly.

My "solution" was to create an intermediate document. Where updates are made, and then I copy the MODEL SPACE and replace in the final document. But that's ridiculous as working methodology.

I deeply hope that Autodesk solve this and many other problems. But I see a greater willingness to try to justify than resolve. The "classic" AutoCAD itself has an option to generate orthogonal drawings, a little better, but still with many problems.

Thank you, I hope this way may help you.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Message 5 of 18
Gabriel.N

I think I found an easier way.

Every time you update, make a reference that should be common both in model space and in paper space, then later upgraded to rotate and align with the help of snap, one over the other. Also make a reference to the viewport boundaries.

Message 6 of 18
Arun_Kumar_K

Thanks for the workaround shared. As you mentioned, I agree that Autodesk trying to justify many things rather than looking into for the growth of software. This issue relate to synchronisation in rotated view should to be fixed by the soon.
Message 7 of 18
tstables

Has this problem been resolved or is there a better work around?

Message 8 of 18
ybogdanov
in reply to: tstables

tstables escribió:

Has this problem been resolved or is there a better work around?

From 2014 release it's resolved 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 9 of 18
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: ybogdanov

Yest it is resolved in 2014 release.
Message 10 of 18
Jorgen1990
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

@Arun_Kumar_K wrote:
Yest it is resolved in 2014 release.

Hello

I'm facing the same problem in 2016 version. When I rotate ortho views in paper space, after updating the view it keeps the new orientation, however after editing the view (for example adding 3D models to the ortho selection, opening/closing 3D layers...) it it's back in the original orientation.

Is there a way to keep the new orientation after EDITING the ortho view?

Thanks

Jörgen

Message 11 of 18
Gabriel.N

Hi Jörgen,

I have a very good solution.
I will explain it soon.
I cant hi now.
Message 12 of 18
darrelldixon
in reply to: Jorgen1990

Instead of rotating the viewport, you can rotate the ortho cube to accomplish this. Then it will update correctly.

Message 13 of 18
Jorgen1990
in reply to: darrelldixon

Thanks! This seems to work. Rotate the ortho cube itself.

Jörgen

Message 14 of 18
darrelldixon
in reply to: Jorgen1990

You can also think of the ortho cube as a 3D solid and edit it accordingly. You can use slice or subtract to get irregular shapes if you want to keep something from showing up in your viewport.

Message 15 of 18
dwleland

When you create the new view for the first time, P3D will ask you to specify insertion point of viewport or [Scale Rotate Existing]. Select Rotate, enter rotation angle you want new viewport to be (mine was 90 degrees because North was to the left on my ortho). Now viewport will stay rotated even when you update view. You cannot rotate a viewport after it is created, it will always revert back. You have to rotate it during the initial viewport creation process.

Message 16 of 18

Most of the time, this is a plan view, but my method is to get the view you want then in the ortho cube pull down, select "current view".  Not sure if this is what you all meant when discussing the ortho cube.  

Message 17 of 18

I have another rotation issue. When I go to place an O-Let the rotation options are 0, 75, 150, or 60? why is this skewed? See screen shot attached. Thank you. 

mgalicki_0-1649867369615.png

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 18 of 18
dwleland
in reply to: mgalicki

Check the toggle snaps. Is it possible it was changed to 75 degrees? Should be set at 45.

dwleland_0-1649877194896.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost