AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

Ortho View - help need

319 Views, 2 Replies
12-22-2012 11:36 PM

I need solution for the following in Ortho: if anybody know pls. suggst how to do:

1. How to make the plan3d pipes to intelligent for flow direction, which will enable to annote the flow direction in Ortho view.

2. Whereever pipe cut happens in ortho view, i need to show it with a "S Shaped" hatch inside a circle, this is general rule we follow. Presently pipe cuts shows like a circle.

3. Updating the Ortho view after it was rotated, find issue, as the updated view not comes to the rotated positioned view.

Valued Contributor
Jorgen1990
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: Ortho View - help need

01-31-2013 02:34 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Hi!

1) Go to "Iso" tab in the upper ribbon, there you can add Flow Arrow, which will show the direction on Isos, don't know if it works on orthos as well...

2) I want to do the same, but have no idea, if it is possible

3) When rotating or doing whatever modifications to ortho views, the view loses its connection with the original 3D drawing and ortho functionality (update, edit ortho etc) is lost. Very annoying issue in Plant 3D.

Probably none of this helped you...

Jörgen

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Ortho View - help need

01-31-2013 06:26 PM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Yes,, I too face the same issue and no help so far. lets hope Autodesk do something in 2014 release for the above queries.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!