AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho Layer Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TRdesigner82
355 Views, 2 Replies

Ortho Layer Question

I know that through the project properties I can set up the orthos to either use the predetermined layers or check the box and use the layers from the model. However, if I'm using the predetermined layers, how does P3D know what's existing? I have some walls and colums that I have set to an "Existing" layer in the model but it's setting it to a Misc layer on the orthos. I know that with pipe and equipment you can set it to existing in the properties but how do I do this with existing stuff that doesn't have the New, Existing, or Demolishion property available?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It sounds like you may be bumping up against current functionality constraints of the ortho layer settings and generation. I’d like to see a hybrid approach to ortho layers where you can set some layers by component and others by 3D model layer (or something similar). The ortho generation features in Plant 3D will no doubt continue to get more advanced over time.

This may be a great candidate for a product suggestion which can be made here: Feedback-Products

In the meantime, there may be some workarounds to get close to what you’re after. What exactly is “existing stuff” in this context? Are you pulling in an architectural model exported from Revit or another program? What’s the end presentation result you’re after? 

This is AU week, so that may account for the low community response at this point –many of them are tuned in to Carl Bass and Jeff Kowalski at the moment.

Message 3 of 3

I'm just curious as to what the program is acually looking at to determine if something is existing, misc, whatever? Because like I said, the existing building is set to an existing layer in the model but is coming out on a misc layer on the ortho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost