AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho layer colors not updating

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jorgen1990
1618 Views, 4 Replies

Ortho layer colors not updating

Hello!

I know that there are several threads with questons regarding Ortho Layer behaviour, but I have a specific question so I started a new thread.

I use Plant 3D 2014. I generate an ortho and I get the pipeline layers in ortho drawing coloured according to pipe colors in the model, which is cool. But when I change the pipeline colors in model and update the ortho view, colors won't change. Is this normal? Must I then create a new view to get the updated colors or is there any other way? It is annoying because I want to try out how different pipe colors look like on paper. I have all pipe colors in model set to ByLayer and I change color from the layer manager.

PS. I have the "use 3D model settings" (or something..) checked in the Projet Setup->Ortho settings

Thanks

Jörgen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
phwatso
in reply to: Jorgen1990

is it your VISRETAIN setting?
Message 3 of 5
Jorgen1990
in reply to: phwatso

Thank you for the reply. VISRETAIN in the piping model was set to 1, changed it to 0 but nothing changed, colors are still not updating.

Any other ideas?

Jörgen

Message 4 of 5
phwatso
in reply to: Jorgen1990

You will have to change VISRETAIN in the ortho drawing not the piping model
Message 5 of 5
Jorgen1990
in reply to: phwatso

Silly me. That was the solution!

Thank you Sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost