AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho, isometric

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Mulus
2078 Views, 13 Replies

Ortho, isometric

Hello

I'd like to use ' plantorthocreate' for 2D SW isometric drawing. How I can rotate orthocube?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DJPiper
in reply to: Mulus

oh yeah!. this is a 2 years old question, and i almost forgot it.  I havent done some ortho in 2011, but i do hope this is possible now.

Message 3 of 14
sbandlamudi

Hello,

Autocad Plant 3D does not currently support creation of Isometric views in Orthographic feature. Currently, we are supporting only standard views like Top, Front, left etc.. We

We are looking into supporting it in a future release to have NW, SW, NE etc kind of ISO views in orthographic feature.

Thanks,
Subbarao

Message 4 of 14
sreid13

The way I get around this problem is I create a copy of the dwg (so not to stuff up the original) and then explode the piping components in the copy, which takes them back to autocad solids. I then get it into the view I want and use 'flatshot' to create the 2D view.

Message 5 of 14
DJPiper
in reply to: sbandlamudi

i hope its not so distant future  before we can see this feaute. actually this should be standard. major players in plant software has this ability, coz they know that not every project is created align to N,E,S,W. 

Message 6 of 14
MOLGRAND
in reply to: DJPiper

Hi,

I'm not sure why autocad aren't listening to the pipers - this topic has been brought up time & time again - I reported this again during a seminar back in March with the main product developers - its fallen on deaf ears for another year!. This issue along with many other standard needs eg field welds at random pipe lengths, a better pipe BOM (showing totals), performance etc etc - all of which are starting to appear on the discussion board again by new users.

Regards

Message 7 of 14
DJPiper
in reply to: MOLGRAND

yeah, it's seem that they have different priorities.

well hurry up guys. CADWorx New Generation is just around the corner.

if Cadworx manage to have the routing capability of P3D in their next release,

then it will  be a totally a new game and it will be very very  tough for you guys to compete.

Message 8 of 14
3DDE

Hi to all,

I think is not imposible to generate an isometric ortho file. As you can see in my example, I've done one for that sample project ( I found the solution in aprox. 20 minute after I've read this topic). I'm still doing some efforts to make it easy to do. I ask you all to try to find an easy way to make such a view.

Message 9 of 14
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: 3DDE

what about the normal autocad tools...viewports...hideview etc...the plant ortho tools have got to be one of the biggest steps backwards in cad development in years (i havent 'solprofed' since i started using inventor 5 years ago).

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 10 of 14
lestopliego

Hello, i just transfered a revit model to 3d plant making it a .SAT file; it opens fine and i've already worked in it but when i try to do an ortho, the building/plant just doesnt apear on screen, not even the pipe i drew in it. Any sugestion?

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 14
Attila.Vallyon

Hello!

Still no ortho axonometric view creation in Plant 3D 2012?

Regards,

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 12 of 14
hendriksegveld

As work-around, I make a Xref of the original 3D model to the ortho drawing and than I create a ordenairy view port at the layout tab of the ortho. I hope there will be a good solution for this issue in the near future.

Message 13 of 14
evadmoore

How do create a SW isometric view on my Ortho drawing?

Message 14 of 14
JarrodMudford
in reply to: evadmoore

AutoCAD Plant3D 2014 has this feature.
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost