AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Bravo-18
Message 1 of 6 (492 Views)

Ortho Generation Stalls on 2nd step - Help?

492 Views, 5 Replies
09-19-2012 09:14 AM

I got a serious problem.

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 (SP2, updated just as of today) suddenly decided to stop producing Orthos with different projects. We've managed to reproduce this error on two completely unrelated projects with four different computers in the company, with different drawings that have been working fine previously up until Monday. Closing and reopening the project, drawing, program, or Windows session doesn't fix it. 

All the models, and external references, and any nested external references within them have been double-checked and are located at (0,0,0), scaled at 1,1,1, and rotated to 0. All our blocks in the drawings have been scaled 1,1,1, and we are not using Overlays, the Xrefs are Attached. 

But when doing Ortho generation, everything follows through normally until the computer begins generating the Ortho view. It finishes Querying the Drawings, then starts on the second step "Collecting Geometry", upon which it almost stops without finishing and displays  "eCannotScaleNonUniformly" at the line of the command line. AutoCAD recognizes that something's happened, because if I name the Ortho View something like "FLOOR PLAN" it won't let me use the name "FLOOR PLAN" again. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any results, no viewport, no change in the model, nothing.

On the other hand, on some simpler drawings, I still can create Ortho Views, but without XRefs, Attached or Overlaid. The Ortho generation is very important to what we do, so I need help ASAP.

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 6 (462 Views)

Re: Ortho Generation Stalls on 2nd step - Help?

09-20-2012 06:07 PM in reply to: Bravo-18

So, xrefs aren't really processed in the ortho drawings.  If you want drawings included, they must be a project drawing.  The ortho engine read the dwg directly and doesn't load the attached xrefs.

For example, if you load xref b.dwg into drawing a.dwg and then rotate the xref (b), and if be is a project drawing, when the ortho for a is created, b will not be rotate within the ortho.

Without seeing your models, I can't say for sure what is happening, but your issue may be related to not having all of the models included in the project.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Plant 3d Wish list: https://plant3d.uservoice.com/
Bravo-18
Message 3 of 6 (446 Views)

09-21-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hello Mr. Wolfe,

All the drawings, down to every last one of the equipment models have been correctly created within or copied into the project using the project manager, I can see them in the project manager view under, and they're all accounted for; no broken links or dead folders. 

I don't have permission to release the models, unfortunately, I'll have to get back to you on that, I do not think I could. 

Mudbay
Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

10-11-2012 12:37 AM in reply to: Bravo-18

Hi

We had the same problem with a project in 2012. When trying to create an ortho we also faild at step 2.

To solve it we had to detach unused dwg-files within the project, after that we could create the orthos as wished.

Mentor
thebearjed
Message 5 of 6 (242 Views)

01-09-2013 07:53 AM in reply to: Mudbay

same problem here. someone needs to address this!

Valued Contributor
emaiolino
Message 6 of 6 (60 Views)

05-26-2014 06:06 AM in reply to: Bravo-18

We are having the same problem and is very serious since last Monday.
Unable to issue any "ortho" new project, or generate adjacent views, not creating a new DWG.
Someone could fix it? I could tell the way?
Thank you very much!

Saludos | Best Regards
----
Por favor marca esta respuesta como Solución Aceptada, si responde a tu pregunta | Please mark this response as Accept as Solution, if it answers your question
---
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional | AutoCAD 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional | AutoCAD 2012 Certified Professional
Autodesk Inventor Certified User | AutoCAD Certified User
---
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.