AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oject enabler question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
337 Views, 5 Replies

Oject enabler question

Hello guys, I have a problem, I can not install "2013 Object enabler" for autocad plant 3d. MI gives this error message:
To install the autocad plant 3d object enabler, you must have an AutoCAD based product on your system installer "If I click on" Learn more "links me to the download page for the enablers

Thank you for your attention
tomaso

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

So what are you trying to install the object enablers on?  AutoCAD? Civil 3D?  

If  you installed Plant 3D only, the object enablers are provided as part of the program, so you don't need to install additional oe's.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hello, I'm trying to install the softwere and I have a simple version of autocad 2004. I am testing the program "autocad plant 3d. I created the designs in this program and would like to view them with all the features in a normal version of autocad. The application of" object enabler "I should allow the viewing of files created with 3D plant all the characteristics of objects, but can not install it.

Message 4 of 6
dave.wolfe

The first version of Plant was 2011.  So, you'll probably have to use AutoCAD 2011 (at the earliest) to view the model information.  

I know C++ modules have target a specific version/range of versions, and I'm pretty sure Plant 3D is not 2004 compatible.

You can view the isos/orthos since those are native AutoCAD objects (assuming the dwg files were saved back down to 2002, I think).  

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Ok, this means that if I install a higher version of autocad alla2011 should solve, right?
I try and let you know.
Ps. However, the object enabler allows me to see the file created in 3d autocad plant with all the features of the pieces created?

Message 6 of 6
dave.wolfe

I haven't tested it, but you may be able to install the 2013 oe's on 2011.  If not, you'll have to install the 2013 oe's on 2013 AutoCAD.

Yes, the oe's display the properties of the piping objects in the properties palette.  They are read-only though.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost