AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eadkins73
3206 Views, 4 Replies

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I got the failure "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when running an iso (see attached).  I can't seem to figure out why it's doing that.  An ideas?

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you generating ISO from PCF or from the model. Can you send us your model drawing for further testing and also let me know which release of Plant 3D you are working with.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 5
madaspeed
in reply to: eadkins73

I am having the same issue, creating an ISO with Plant3D 2013.

Iso Creation start time : 25/10/2013 2:48:04 PM
Iso Creation finish time: 25/10/2013 2:48:10 PM
Duration                : 00:00:06
Output folder           : P:\237208\CADD\MODELLING\Isometric\Santos\ProdIsos\Drawings\Drawings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Isometric(s) were not able to be created:
P:\237208\CADD\MODELLING\BIG LAKE CIEP\Isometric\Santos1\PCFs\350-RG-11598-006.pcf
INFO    - Loading input: 'P:\237208\CADD\MODELLING\BIG LAKE CIEP\Isometric\Santos1\PCFs\350-RG-11598-006.pcf'
INFO    - Loaded '2' model(s).
INFO    - Processing: '350-RG-11598-006-1'.
INFO    - Model-based split has been done. The model has been split into 2 models.
FAILURE - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Message 4 of 5
eadkins73
in reply to: eadkins73

Vinod,

The issue is caused by a Victaulic coupling (from the victaulic catalog on the autodesk website) on the branch of a tee.  Once I removed the vic (or moved it to the unassigned line number) the iso ran.

Also, somewhat related, I have an issue with the iso turing into an exploded view of the line because the weld dot is assigned to the connecing line and not to the line of the iso.  This is also at the branch of a BW tee.  Changeing which line the weld dot is assigned to "fixes" the iso.

See Attached...

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 5 of 5

Attached my 3d model. 

See drawings in link below (within the whole model): Tuberia RW modificado.dwg and Tuberia de agua.dwg, as you can see it is no possible to generate isometric drawings because of this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

https://we.tl/5IqIpUETsm

Carlos Ticona

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost