AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object enabler not working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pkolarik
1468 Views, 3 Replies

Object enabler not working?

We have a consultant using Plant 3d for the piping in a building we will be designing on a site we'll be designing.

Software in use in our office that'll need to work with the Plant 3d files (we'll be doing the design in 2d)

2014 Civil 3d

2013 ACA

2013 Autocad Electrical

The Civil 3d works (for the most part, fittings aren't showing up correctly, but at least the piping is showing up) with the Plant 3d object enabler

The ACA installation doesn't (even with the OE installed). The pipes display in the base file (the one received from the consultant), but vanish once that file is referenced into another file.

We haven't tried it in Electrical yet.

Any other suggestions? I"m assuming Plant 3d has an "export to autocad" feature built-in? So worst case we could ask them to do that every time we get an updated layout.. but that's not really ideal.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pkolarik
in reply to: pkolarik

*bump*

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: pkolarik

Is the correct version of OE being used?  In otherwords, if the piping is done in Plant3D 2014 the 2014 OE must be used; if Plant3D 2013 is used, then either the 2013 or 2014 should work.  It may also be related to the DWG version (not to be confused with the vertical content version).  I've only seen that happen with DWG using software like Navisworks not actual vertical or vanilla AutoCAD products, but its something to try.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
pkolarik
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for the reply. I had the wrong version of OE installed. We're running 2013, so I'd installed the 2013 OE. But the Plant 3d drawing was done in 2014.

I've now installed the 2014 OE, but it's still the same result;  the stuff doesn't show up. (more precisely, when I open the drawing it's set to a hidden view where the pipes and flanges do show up, just no fittings. When I change that to 2d wireframe, all but the pipe flanges completely disappear)

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost