AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW, I have used inventor fusion to create a dwg. file, from a IGES file. BUT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chrishope12
261 Views, 1 Reply

NOW, I have used inventor fusion to create a dwg. file, from a IGES file. BUT

I took the iges. file and converted it to a dwg. file. I opened the dwg. file (Valve) in my current project and saved it as a 3-D model dwg. under 3-D modles folder. Then I copied it from that dwg. into my main project dwg. I saved it as a block, but can't tag it, can't use it as a plant valve componet, or as a piping componet . It doesn't have a place to snap pipe or flanges to it so I could continue on with that paticular line piping.

I am just lost... The main thing is as long as I use the autodesk componets that are on my current tool pallett, then all is well and I can pipe miles of piping but now that I have these 9 specialized valves which have to be used in my drawing, i can't move forward.

I have been drafting 7 years, but only 3 months with plant 3D. I have watched tutorials out the wazzu and I have even had a local college proffesor come in and spend several weeks with me to get up and running. I have laid out a tremondous layout of our plant site in 3-D and its been very exciting and fun, but this spec catalog along with importing a file which contains the valve I need in iges of course, has been a show stopper for two days now PLEASE HELP!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.wolfe
in reply to: chrishope12

Treat it like a block and use this:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/10/custom-components-in-autocad-plant-3d/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost