AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not hatching piping in ortho drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
joisegatoi
1083 Views, 7 Replies

not hatching piping in ortho drawing

Autocad Plant 3D 2014

When i create a drawing ortho, there is no hatching pipe section (see here).I think this is due with generation parameters (see below) How to fix it?

not hatch.pngнастройки орто.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: joisegatoi

Assuming you have the 'Cut Pipe Symbol' toggle ON? If so & they still aren't appearing, then sorry, can't help!

cut pipe symbol.png

Message 3 of 8
lazar1978

Dear Joisegatoi,

I found you a link help you. Probably helps?: http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/04/modifying-the-pipe-gap-in-plant-3d-2014/

I don't know the answer for your question but I would like to ask an other:) :

How did you make the hatch of the concrete floor on your drawing? I mean at the top of your picture there are a sliced concrete floor.

My problem is now I started to learn in Plant 3d but I'm not able to make hatch AUTOMATIZED/AUTOMATICLY. When I create an Orthoview from a Model, the sliced (sectioned) solid is not hatched. It is important cos we plan concrete basins

(The normal Autocad makes the hatch by Section command also) 

The Inventor makes these hatches automatically, as well.

I attached you a picture about the not hatched basin.

Waiting for your reply,

Thankfully,

Message 4 of 8
joisegatoi
in reply to: lazar1978

The hatch of the concrete floor on my drawing do manually, although yes in Inventor is done automatically. As I understand it in the Plant does not support this function

Message 5 of 8
lazar1978

Dear joisegatoi,

Could you write in some word how can you do it manually. I made the orthoview. It was generating by  orthocube.

In the orthoview dwg I can click on the Viewport. In the Viewport the sectioned drawing is block. I can hatch the block block BUT If I switch in Papar space view,  the hatch are gone !? Hatch doesn't seems on the drawing.

Could you write shortly how can you make/draw you hatch?

Thanks, Lazar1978

Message 6 of 8
JohnHolder
in reply to: lazar1978

I draw a polyline around the object I want hatched, then do the hatch command.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 7 of 8
joisegatoi
in reply to: JohnHolder

Yes, I do it like JohnHolder) In ortho drawing In layers you must to choose not frozen layer and create it as a hatch in AutoCAD (draw the outline of a rectangle or a closed line)

Message 8 of 8
lazar1978

Yes, that was the problem. When it creates the OrthoView - Automaticly, you  start to work on a frozen layer. The frozen layer was the problem.

That is a pity there is no automatic hatch generation when I section a Solid.  Smiley Mad 😞

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost