AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OSNAPS for custom parts...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jheisler56
267 Views, 1 Reply

No OSNAPS for custom parts...

I'm finding that the custom parts I create don't have OSNAP grips available for manipulated the part.

Example: I created a pressure gauge in my custom spec catalog using the "plug" category and an autocad block I had created and PlantPartConverted. The gauge works fine, however when I want to move it or copy it in my model, the only OSNAP grip it gives me is the node for the one port that the part has from when I created it.

However, that's not a convenient grip for me to use to move the part into position. Why don't the normal OSNAP grips show up such as "center", "quadrant", etc.?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I understand this is an old post from 2015, but just in case you or someone else is still looking for an answer:

• This post acts as a hub for other times people have asked this question.  It has a lot of useful links, which I've summarized below.
  • The best answer we have is these OSNAPS were hardcode-disabled by the development team because they could cause other issues.
  • The workaround is to explode the relevant part, measure with DIST or a similar command, then undo the explode.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost