AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need your opinion on Plant 3D and Cadworx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SuhailiSalam
837 Views, 3 Replies

Need your opinion on Plant 3D and Cadworx

Hi Guys,

I really need your opinion/advise on this matter.

I'm still looking for the best solution between Plant 3D and Cadworx.

Our consultant is using AutoCAD Plant 3D but we didnt use use this software.

We use only PDMS and others department is using Cadworx.

My question is, is it possible we convert from AutoCAD Plant 3D to Cadworx with all the spec still available?

Or it would come dummy?

Is it very difficult to operate Plant 3D compare to Cadworx interm of modelling?

Which one is better PDMS compare to Plant 3D?

Many Many Thanks

Best Regards

Suhaili Salam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: SuhailiSalam

Yes You can Convert all Catalog & Specs From Autocad Plant 3D to CADWORX, you can follwing my below link

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=cadworx

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 3 of 4
jeremylegleu

Answering you question: "Which one is better PDMS compare to Plant 3D?"

It all depends on which program you are more familiar with.  For example, I have been operating AutoCad for approx 10 years now and I operated PDMS for 4 months a few years ago.  Personally, I prefer AutoCad all day long b/c I am more efficient and know it pretty well to do the things I need to do.  PDMS wasn't bad, I just had to take everything I knew with AutoCad and put is aside while I was operating PDMS.  So, it took me a little while to get use to clicking the mouse all the time instead of using keyboard commands.  A lot of people make a big fuss that PDMS has no undo button but it wasn't that bad.  Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
jeremylegleu

Also, Plant 3D vs CadWorx are similar to operate.  The biggest difference is Plant 3D uses its own project manager to manage/access files and CadWorx just works through a standard project folder setup (depending on your job's standards).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost