AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help creating new 2d valves and pallette

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
509 Views, 6 Replies

need help creating new 2d valves and pallette

I have only taken the fundamentals course since that is really the only one I could find around Denver, but I was hired to set up, administer and be the sole user of Plant 3d at my company.  I have 80 billion questions and this forum has helped alot. 

The fundamentals book they give you with class doesn't get you very far.

So, my next question is...  are there step by step instructions how to create a new valve and/or equipment (just 2d right now - P&ID) and then make a new tool pallette? 

I have a valve I made into a regular block, but when I try to create a new block and add it, the picture won't show up.  I am sure I am doing something wrong, or omitting some step, but cannot find any information on how to do this correctly.

I really need an advanced/admin class.  Any suggestions?

I have even bought the AutoCAD Plant 3D Advanced book from overseas.  Not any help there either.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Check to see if there any youtube videos showing this. (I can't check myself because I'm in Shanghai this week and youtube is blocked)

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
dave.wolfe

Have you seen this?

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/11/sharing-tool-palettes-on-a-network-for-autocad-pid/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks so much! I found one. Totally forgot about looking at Youtube. I'm sure this will be a very valuable asset.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave,

Need to turn off the Valve Tag attributes. My boss does not want to see valve tags. I'm using P&ID PIP PALETTE TO INTRODUCE THE VALVE SYMBOLS.
Message 6 of 7
dave.wolfe

Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum (P&ID).

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Just did.

Ted Tarvin
Senior Piping Designer
Allied Engineering and Design, Inc.
545 Beckett Rd.
Suite 107-108
Logan Twp., NJ 08085
(O) 856-320-9500 (ext. 214)
(C) 856-217-4509
(F) 856-320-9501
ttarvin@allieded.com
www.allieded.com
[cid:image001.png@01D16960.E95231F0]
Safety is a full time job- don't make it a part time practice!

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF THE READER OF THIS E-MAIL IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, FORWARDING OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATELY TO THE SENDER AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE AND ALL ATTACHMENTS FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost